Friday 5 August 2016

I'm late, I'm late!! Oh my hairs and whiskers!

Hi there - it's been a rather emotional and manic couple of weeks, and as such I'm a little behind on my blogging.

We have another fantastic challenge that started on 25th July over at A Inky Mess, and our sponsor for this month is the amazing Oddball Art Co Stamps!


For my DT inspirational project I chose Big Eyed Clown Girl, she's very cute, I hope you agree.


I used my Prismacolour pencils to colour the cute image in, and added some white gel pen streaks to her hair to give some highlights. I then fussy cut her out. The backing papers are a mix of Tim Holts Idea-ology Lost and Found and Bo Bunny Carnival. These were ripped and layered up onto a Kraft card base after inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I applied gesso with an old credit card over the top to take back the background a little so the cute clown girl would be the focal point. I affixed the girl to the foreground, and added some embellishments including some washi tape from my stash and a few little pieces I had hanging around. It needed something else....so I added a cute royal blue bow to the balloon strings. I added a quote I cut out from my stash to finish it off.

Please do go on over to our second challenge at A Inky Mess - we would love to see your makes, as long as mixed media. You'll be in with a chance of winning digis from our sponsor and/or a place in our top 3 of the month. Please do remember to link back to the actual challenge though, not just the blog, as we cannot accept entries that aren't linked properly.

I shall see you soon with my next DT piece and some craft swaps I've been working on.

I wish to enter this card into the following challenges:
Worldwide Open DT - #13 AG
Dark n Daring - #04 AG
Dream in Darkness - August Make it Crafty 
Classic DT Open Challenge - #05 AG

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle xxx

11 comments:

  1. Wowee love the colours in the hair awesome card . Thank you for joining us at Dark 'n' Daring Challengesgood luck Ginny DT for Dark 'n' Daring Challenges
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Card. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Dark n Daring Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this one is amazing. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Thank you for joining us at Dark'n'Daring. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an outstanding card - fabulous work!!

    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Laine DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work . just my kind of image and creation . hope to see lots more of your work , i'm your newest follower so I will be back ( ps had problem trying to follow you so I hope it has worked , )
    plz come check out my quirky images also , id love o see you create with them https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Mystitchbackintwine?ref=hdr_shop_menu


    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Kristyn DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow just seen this - thank you so much Kristyn! Yes you are now a follower so it worked. I shall be sure to look at your designs and would love to colour and create something with them. I shall post it up on my blog so you can see. Michelle xx

      Delete
  7. Love the skelly balloon! Great coloring, fabulous image! Thanks so much for sharing at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, this is one of my fav Oddball's and you have treated her so well. Awesome card! Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness August challenge, I hope to see you back in September.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.