Saturday 23 July 2016

#140 LOC

Hi all! Well that fortnight went super quickly! It's now officially Schools out for Summer here, and we're nearing August at an alarming speed - soon be Halloween!! Let's hope we get some summer first though, please!!!

On to my next DT project for Left of Center Creative Challenges  #140 - LOC


Our sponsor this week is Shadow Clocksy - the talented Jessi Scobee has a dark, goth, grunge, horror style that is fantastic to work with. Because our theme this week is LOC, I chose an Anime (Chibi) image to work from this time. This one is called Trixie, and you can find her successor over on Etsy called Trixie V2.

 I decided to colour her in using my Promarkers. Her hair is a cascade of waves which was a great challenge to get dimension and depth as well as light into - it was enjoyable colouring her in. I used 3 yellows for her trousers, 3 pinks for her top and 3 oranges for her hair. I used Wink of Stella in Clear over her eyes, boots, highlights in her hair and the bear on her hair bow.

To coordinate with the colours used on Trixie I found some lovely Mixed Media paper from Paper Lozzy, I tore this into the right size to fit on my Kraft card base, and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper.  It needed something else, so using another digital paper pack from Paper Lozzy called Dark Grunge, I tore two pieces to go top and bottom of the base paper. I used Tim Holtz Distress Crayon to darken the edges.

I used a variety of stamps to to add further interest on the background paper, including a retired Stampin Up set with dots and circles, a vine stamp and Denim Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Stamps. I also used the Denim Backgrounder in dark yellow on Trixie's trousers to create more texture.

Once happy with the background, I fussy cut Trixie out and placed her off to the left on the card, to leave room for a quote or sentiment. To ground her, I used a brown Distress Crayon by and under her boots. I used a pale cream Distress Crayon to go round her to further ground her onto the background. Once happy with the background and Trixie, I chose a quote stamp from the same retired Stampin Up set that the dots and circles stamp came from - I don't know the name of the set, sorry. I used Stazon in Black Soot to stamp the quote.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.