Monday 15 August 2016

Left of Center #142

It's always a little manic over summer holidays. Much as I love having my son home and spending time with him (when he can prise himself away from Skyping his friends, or chatting to them on Whatsapp or watching You Tube videos), it's hard to get sorted with my normal crafting and blogging routine - everything seems to have flown out the window past couple weeks - sorry for my delay in getting things up.


 I chose Pansy Girl from our sponsor Aurora Wings for my DT project for Hip to be Square.
I chose this image firstly because of my love of pansies but also because the image was an almost square shape so fitted with the theme. I started out by printing on Neenah Classic Crest cardstock and colouring with my Polychromos pencils. I then fussy cut her out and put her to one side whilst I worked on the card base and background.
 -
The base needed to be square so I found a pale blue square card base and matching envelope in my stash and layered it with a piece of paper I had inked and sprayed earlier in blues and pale lilac and left to dry overnight. This was cut to fit and placed on the card first. I then selected some paper with diamonds on it from my stash and cut that into a smaller square and offset it on top of the first. The final piece was from the same stash with tiny purple flowers similar to pansies on it, so this was cut smaller still and glued offset the opposite way to the second. I then glued the image in place on top. I added some clear and coloured dots, drops and crystals over the pansies and in the Pansy Girl's ears and added a butterfly embellishment to finish.

I hope you enjoyed the challenge last week - don't forget to join in challenge #143 - Bubbles over at Left of Center Creative Challenges.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Aurora Wings - #34 Theatrical

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow gorgeous image and so wonderfully coloured. Love your colours chosen for this image, just perfect. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card beautiful image
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Dianne DT for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your deep rich coloring of the pansies, Michelle! So dramatic and beautiful against your mix of patterns. Fabulous work. Thanks so much for joining our 'Theatrical' Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Michelle! Love the velvety rich purple petals on the pansies balanced beautifully by the fresh, bright green leaves. Multiple layers of patterened DP add a distinct look to your card. Thank you for playing at Aurora Wings Challenge. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.