Saturday 11 July 2015

Elisabeth Bell 'Post Box'

Have had a glorious Saturday here in the south of the UK, and taken advantage of the lovely weather with lots of washing. Spent time outside and the cats have been sunning themselves and then taking shade underneath my chair when they got too hot. I do love our long summer days and it's almost the middle of July already! Another couple of weeks and it'll be school holidays!

Anyway, back to my latest make. This is in fact take two of a previous make that I wasn't 100% happy with, so the backing and sentiment will look rather familiar. I have started collecting Sugar Nellie stamps - as I said in my last post, and adore one of my latest purchases - Post Box by Elisabeth Bell. I was so inspired by it that I decided I'd forego my original image and replace it with her. So here's my latest make. I love the composition of this stamp design and decided my Inktense pencils and water brush would be the best medium to use for colouring it. I added a lovely green ribbon to coordinate with the backing paper and contrast with the pink, and a little quirky bow made from green and white bakers twine. Hope you enjoy! I've done a little close up photo of the girl so you can see the detail. She's so gorgous!






















I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Adorable image - a great choice in colors too. Thanks for sharing with us Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card!! I adore this image and the designpaper fits so perfect with the flowers...

    Thank you for joining us at Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge! Hoping to see you again for our next challenge going live today!

    Hugs
    Linda
    DigiBells DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.